Monday, December 6, 2010

Assessments and the Like

Well, as I may have mentioned previously, for two of my classes my entire grade is based on one paper. I just turned the last one in...and I still have not pulled an all-nighter in my college career, although I got pretty close. I went to bed at 1:30 and got up at 7:30. So, yeah, just reduced hours.

All that stands between me and home is a matter of days...and tests. I'm a little nervous, but that's natural. Don't worry, I am studying hard.

Since you last heard from me, I have been to France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, and back to the UK. It was one WILD weekend. Laura and I went on a Christmas Market tour, staying overnight for two nights in Brussels, Belgium with a day trip to Aachen, Germany. (Note: Aachen is pronounced ah -ken, not, A-chen, or any other silliness).

Here is the market in Belgium from the Ferris wheel thing (sorry, its kinda blurry because SOMEBODY kept shaking it):

The Wheel itself:Mmmmm.... Belgian waffles...they were a bit huge :)


We also went ice skating with our friends. Neither of us are in this one, but you get a nice view of the outdoor rink.
I like the Belgians--they seem to have VERY different cultural ideas from the English. Let me just leave it at that. I didn't like the Germans that well. They weren't very humble about language barriers like the Belgians were. I think its because the Belgians are multilingual anyway. At least I had a chance with my french.

We bought tons of stuff. I can't mention specifics until a future date due to their secretive nature ;)

Cheers! I'm off to do more studying and packing :'(
--Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment